Char dham is the most sacred pilgrimage of Hindus, a dream o millions of devotees. Char dham located in the scenic abundance of Uttrakhand holds a very high spiritual value in the hearts of devotees around the globe.
People plan their Char dham tour years before and make sure that they get to see and visit the best of chardham yatra.
The Yamnotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath are obviously the stars of the char dham yatra, devotees shed tears of joy and pleasure as soon as they get to see these temples.
While planning the itenary of the chardham yatra, devotees also make sure that they relish other scenic spots and holy places in Uttrakhand which are worth the visit, and a heavenly experience of course.
If you are planning your Char dham yatra 2024, here are 10 best places that you must not miss to visit –
- Kempty Falls ( Mussoorie) – While travelling around Char dham, tourists make sure that they visit the hill station Mussoorie located in Uttrakhand. Kempty Falls is a waterfall known for its milky streams of water, located in Ram Gaon, in Garhwal district of Uttrakhand. It is a favourite picnic spot for tourists.
- Kashi Vishwanath temple (Uttarkashi) – This divine temple of Kashi Vishwanath located in the arms of Uttarkashi holds a divine value for the devotees.
- Auli- Auli is a beautiful, scenic hill station in the North of Uttrakhand, a long cable car links the town of Auli to Joshimath. Auli has gained popularity amongst the tourism because of its picturesque beauty.
- Brahma Kapal – Brahma Kapal is a ghar located in the Badrinath dham, splashed by the beautiful Alakhnanda river. This place is of high importance to the Hindus because the hindus pay homage to the souls of their ancestors here.
- Charan Paduka – Charan paduka is located just at a distance of 3 kms from the Badrinath temple. It is a rock which is believed to be lord Vishnu’s footprints. It can be reached only after a difficult trek.
- Janakichatti – It is one of the most famous tourist places of Uttrakhand, a few kilometres away from the Yamnotri dham. It is a village known for its hot water springs.
- Surya Kund- It is a gorgeous waterfall near the Gangotri temple. It is believed that Goddess Parvati used to take bath here.
- Harsil- Harsil is a beautiful village located in the state of Uttarakhand, nestled on the bank of river Bhagirathi. It has got the tourist attraction because of its scenic beauty and apple produce.
- Gauri kund- It is one of the most sacred sites for Hindus, it comprises of the hot water springs where devotees come to take a dip in the kund. It is basically the start of the Kedarnath temple trek.
- Bheem pul- Bheem pul is located in the Mana Village on the border with Tibet.It is built over the Saraswati river, just 3km away from Badrinath dham.